Sunday 7 May 2017

Speaking of books...

Since we're on the subject of books, perhaps this would be a good time for a book review.



It seems a long time I read and reviewed John Kemp's "The Secret Letterbox": A book giving Dartmoor Letterboxing a leading role. When I learnt of novel in which a Cornish guy named Barber goes Dartmoor Letterboxing, I thought my autobiography was out, and I rushed to get a copy!

So, I've just read Mystery At Potter's Lodge: The 23rd Murray Barber PI Case. this intriguing read from St Austell writer Julie Burns-Sweeney, is set in Devon and Cornwall, following the exploits of a private investigator with the unusual ability to communicate with the dead!

The lead character is faced with a murky and mysterious mix of retribution and murder. When it's not quite clear who is guilty, and who's the victim.

I really enjoyed this read. The writer has captured the spirit of the Moor perfectly, has plot twists, humour, original storyline plus a thread of Letterboxing weaved throughout. Highly recommend. Out as an Ebook or paperback available here.

No comments: